Monday 21 May 2012

Hello again.  I'll never be a habitual and frequent blogger, but hope my random jottings interest you.

On the creative side, I've just finished a cushion in silk taffeta as a leaving present for my friend Sarah at work.  It was stitched in almost matching thread with free-motion quilting.  The design was based on an idea from Linda Kemshall's "The Painted Quilt" (you might like to look at her website:  www.lindakemshall.com )  Sarah was thrilled with it and I was very pleased with the result.... another item for the porfolio for commissions, I think.


Spending some time with my sister and her family over the weekend, it was great to watch the Olympic Torch relay as it passed by right outside her house.  No fighting through crowds for us - a leisurely breakfast then out to the gate in time to see the passing cavalcade.  The lady carrying the torch at that point was beaming widely, looking rightly proud at her involvement.  Well done her, and good luck Team GB!



Thank you for reading - be back with you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the silk cushion is stunning, your friend must have been delighted!

    ReplyDelete